Regional Employment Placement Specialist – Kamloops
Job Opportunity – Regional Employment Placement Specialist
Are you seeking a role that gets you out into the community and helps make connections between tradespeople and employers? This position assists clients in achieving employment goals by providing individual employment counselling and connects employers with job-ready workers they need. Be a part of building opportunities in the Kamloops, BC region. The BC Construction Association (BCCA) requires a Regional Employment Placement Specialist (REPS) for the STEP Program. Orientation and training is provided to the successful candidate.
STEP focuses on finding motivated, trained, and ready-to-work candidates for construction employers with jobs to fill. The Regional Employment Placement Specialist (REPS) will take a lead role in recruitment, assessment, skills development and career advancement of individuals working in or aspiring to a career in the skilled trades. The REPS will develop and maintain relationships with participants, as well as develop and maintain close relationships with potential employers. Through these connections the REPS will assist participants and employers to bridge any employment needs and requirements to foster employment opportunities into the Skilled Trades Sector.
- Interview potential candidates to obtain employment history, educational background and career goals to assess their employment related needs
- Develop detailed employability skills upgrading plan (return to work strategy)
- Provide assistance to candidates in areas such as job maintenance, job search or other employment needs
- Provide career information to help participant gain better understanding of the local industry, qualification requirements, employer expectations etc.
- Assist eligible participants into eventual employment placement
- Deliver presentations on the STEP program and potential benefits
- Meet with employers to identify employment requirements
- Assist employers with candidate screening
- Liaise between employers and workers to assure a positive work site match
- Manage all client case files according to program requirements and deliverables
- Develop and maintain a network of resources and employer/industry contacts
- Compile and maintain current Labour market and career information and relevant resources
- Complete and submit all required reporting documents per program requirements
- Deliver presentations to potential participants, employer company associations, service provider staff, etc.
- Attend events to network and promote the program
- Track and follow up on all action items related to the program’s delivery
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities, and Attitude:
- Experience in employment training and counselling and or human resources
- A good working knowledge of the skilled trades within the Kamloops area
- Understanding of the BC apprenticeship system (Industry Training Authority) is an asset
- Awareness of employment trends and key projects within the region
- Journeyperson certification or extensive experience in the construction trades an asset
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Effective organization, multitasking, and time management skills
- Excellent oral, written, and communication skills are essential
- Comfortable with public speaking and networking
- Knowledge of local employment service providers would be an asset
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Requires minimum supervision, able to work independently
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license and vehicle (this position does require travel)
Start date: September 2018
Salary: Contract position – salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. This is a full-time contract position.
Please submit cover letter and resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, August 31, 2018.
We thank all of those who respond, but we will only contact candidates chosen for an interview.